Since 2011, TEF has awarded over $150,000 to Temecula educators for classroom enrichment.
TEMECULA, CA – February 15, 2018 – At the January 16th Temecula Valley Unified School District (TVUSD) Governing Board Meeting, the Temecula Education Foundation (TEF) presented 46 TVUSD educators with funds to support enrichment programs benefiting students at 15 school sites. Funded applications were limited to $500 each; grants awarded this year totaled over $20,000.
Curriculum support grants for enrichment activities focusing on visual arts, performing arts, culinary arts, and sciences were available to educators in all TVUSD schools. Grant applications were due October 31, 2017. Per TEF guidelines, monies must support curriculum for students in the current school year and must be spent by January 31, 2018.
Speaking on behalf of the foundation, TEF Director Mark Katan congratulated teachers and principals. “We are pleased to support educators whose creativity and passion make a difference in the classroom. This is the seventh year our foundation has been able to fund grants to these excellent teachers. We wish we could fund all requests, however, our dollars are limited, and we had to focus on applications we felt impacted the largest number of students. Our mission is to enhance and improve learning opportunities for all students within TVUSD” he added.
“Community events – like the TEF-sponsored Taste of Temecula Valley community event, TEF summer school enrichment classes, as well as financial support from the Great Oak High School Spirit Run for the Arts – enable us to support our teachers and provide enriched curriculum for students. We thank the community for its ongoing support,” added TEF Director Morris Myers.
Grant recipients recognized were:
- ABBY REINKE ES – Emily Cirka
- BELLA VISTA MIDDLE – Tracy Picquelle
- CROWNE HILL ES – Carolyn Davis, Shana Reed
- CHAPARRAL HS – Blanca Sakhapour, David Coram, Hyrum Andrews, Kristan Morales, Kristen Olko, Laura Pruett, Lowena Manzano, RS Carey
- FRENCH VALLEY ES – Kari Carlson, Mary Perez
- GREAT OAK HS – David Miles, Jason Slowbe, Jeff MacLean, Tammy Draughon
- (Helen Hunt) JACKSON ES – Ann Sved, Margaret Miller, Stephanie Johnson, Vicky Moore
- NICOLAS VALLEY ES – Michelle Voye
- PALOMA ES – Carrie Nimmo, Jennifer Janert, Karen Vogt, Nancy Robillard, Robin Orner, Sandy Meyers, Steve Molstre
- RANCHO ES – Anne O’Donnell-McCann, Ashley Smith, Carrie Schwartz-Richardson, Pat Butler, Shandra Beer
- RED HAWK ES – Elizabeth Terry
- TEMECULA LUISEÑO ES – Ariana Kraft
- TEMECULA MIDDLE – Ivan Aviles, Jessica Mull
- TEMECULA VALLEY HS – Donna Perinich, Kim Randall, Nyna Cheek, Tobin Brannon, Ziba Mayar
- VAIL RANCH MIDDLE – Conni Dominguez, Kelly Maxey
About TEF & Taste of Temecula Valley (TOTV):
In addition to operating fee-based summer school enrichment classes since 2011, TEF also hosts the annual Taste of Temecula Valley (TOTV) community event, which is scheduled for its eighth year on April 27 and 28, 2018. TOTV brings together dozens of area restaurants, wineries, and breweries in front of City Hall in Old Town Temecula to raise funds that support the foundation’s mission to enhance and improve learning opportunities for students in Grades K-12 in the Temecula Valley Unified School District.